Learn, Share, Grow - Inner Stillness
July 19, 2021
Below is a lesson from the HeartMath Institute on how to achieve inner stillness, as well as our key learnings.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
Many spiritual cultures agree inner stillness creates an energetic environment for supporting our advancing consciousness that can unleash the transformational power of our love.
HeartMath tools and coherence technologies have been designed to monitor and facilitate easier access to stillness and its connection to the natural inner wisdom and guidance of our heart.
A coherent alignment between our spiritual heart, mind and emotions can lead to a new way of perceiving, thinking and relating. When practicing heart coherence, we experience a distinct quieting of the inner noise generated by the normal stream of unregulated mental and emotional activity. When you’re in a still coherent state, your nervous system is more aligned, your hormonal and immune systems are getting rebalanced, and your mind and emotions are connecting with more of your spirit’s practical guidance.
Continue reading here.
- A coherent alignment between our spiritual heart, mind and emotions can lead to a new way of perceiving, thinking and relating.
- Achieving inner stillness requires a little practice because our mind will try to occupy any available space.
- Stillness softens our determined mental and emotional energetics so that our heart-speak can be heard.
Step 1. As you breathe quietly, imagine your breath calmly slowing down the vibration of your mental and emotional energy. Stay with it, and don’t care if your mind disrupts you. This will improve with patience and practice.
Step 2. As you feel your energy calming, softly radiate love and peace into your inner environment. This connects you with your heart energy.
Step 3. While maintaining your state of calmness, ask your heart for guidance, solutions, or deeper understanding regarding life issues you are experiencing.
Step 4. Imagine stillness as a peaceful place in which you are sitting. If thoughts do come up, don’t push against them. Casually refocus on breathing love and peace into the stillness. Our higher choices become more obvious as we increase our capacity to listen in stillness to our heart’s intelligent directions through day-to-day challenges or creative initiatives.
Practical Applications of Stillness
- Start your day by doing the Stillness Exercise, along with the commitment to breathe an attitude of inner stillness, when convenient, throughout the day.
- As you proceed through the day, stillness helps to prevent the mind’s impatience and distractions from overriding your choices for the best outcomes.
- Practicing inner stillness helps you to create the straightest line toward the manifestation of your intentions.
- Practicing inner stillness to connect with our heart’s care and guidance can become a most positive step forward for humanity, not as a trend or religious motivation but as a practical street sense, heart-based way of life.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.