Learn, Share, Grow – 6 Lessons on Veteran’s Day
November 11, 2019
Below is a lesson from Elite Daily about 6 lessons we can take away from a veteran, as well as our key learning.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
6 LESSONS EVERYONE CAN LEARN FROM SOLDIERS ON VETERANS DAY
BY CRISTINA OLIVERAS
NOV 11, 2014
Today is Veterans Day. To a lot of us, it means no school, lots of doorbuster sales and, hopefully, a day off of work. The meaning of Veterans Day can be of little insight to those who have no family members or friends who have served time in the service. But, those who do may see the importance of today a little clearer.
We have supported our loved ones through their times of self-sacrifice and loyalty, as well as the most demanding, dangerous, terrifying and noble times. Their acts of valor trickle into their civilian lives, and we dedicate this day to them.
Today takes us away from our daily protests and brings into focus whom we should thank for all of our freedom.
In honor of the veterans, with a very special recognition to my father and brother who sacrificed their years and served proudly in the US Army, here are five valuable lessons only a strong-willed veteran can teach us civilians about life:
Continue Reading Here.
6 lessons a strong-willed veteran can teach us about life:
- The 3 D’s: determination, discipline and dedication – helps your journey become more meaningful and successful.
- To be determined is to know you are capable of doing the task at hand.
- Regardless of the pain, sweat and tears that come to a soldier in order to serve and survive in the harshest circumstances, discipline is what drives him or her forward.
- Dedication is what gives meaning to the reason solders do what they vowed to do.
- Work as a team.
- Team work is a building block to a successful life in the professional, personal or educational level.
- Learn to work under stress.
- A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America for an amount up to and including his or her life.
- There is no time to stress over the life or death situations they encounter. Soldiers learn to analyze, plan for the best result and execute it. It could be worse; stop agonizing over it and make a plan.
- The value of our freedom.
- There are people out there who don’t have the right to make the simple decisions we take for granted and make for ourselves.
- Veterans sacrifice everything to ensure our country continues to be “The Land of the Free.”
- Embrace change.
- Embrace change, even if it is outside of your comfort zone. The most successful people have learned to overcome this obstacle and actually use it to their advantage.
- We will all face drastic change throughout our entire lives. The way we respond to change is what makes the difference.
- Appreciate your life and where you are now.
- The best thing you can learn from a veteran is to appreciate where you are at this moment in life. You have the ability to determine where life takes you. Most of that freedom wouldn’t be ours if it wasn’t for the men and women who devote their lives to make America what it is.
- This day is for you; we salute you for your bravery, your perseverance and your passion for our country.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.