Learn, Share, Grow - Agent of Illumination
July 4, 2022
Below is a lesson from Awakin on being an agent of light, as well as our key learnings.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
Agent Of Illumination
Some years ago, I was stuck on a crosstown bus in New York City during rush hour. Traffic was barely moving. The bus was filled with cold, tired people who were deeply irritated with one another, with the world itself. Two men barked at each other about a shove that might or might not have been intentional. A pregnant woman got on, and nobody offered her a seat. Rage was in the air; no mercy would be found here.
But as the bus approached Seventh Avenue, the driver got on the intercom. 'Folks,' he said, 'I know you have had a rough day and you are frustrated. I can’t do anything about the weather or traffic, but here is what I can do. As each one of you gets off the bus, I will reach out my hand to you. As you walk by, drop your troubles into the palm of my hand, okay? Don’t take your problems home to your families tonight, just leave them with me. My route goes right by the Hudson River, and when I drive there later, I will open the window and throw your troubles in the water.'
It was as if a spell had lifted. Everyone burst out laughing. Faces gleamed with surprised delight. People who had been pretending for the past hour not to notice each other’s existence were suddenly grinning at each other like, is this guy serious?
Continue Reading Here.
- We live in a hard world that some days it is extra difficult to be a human. Everyone has bad days, faces challenges, experience hardships and heartbreaks.
- Anyone can be an agent of light at any moment. You don't have to be a power player or a spiritual leader. Even the most invisible works can illuminate dark situations.
- When life feels grim, or you feel particularly powerless in the face of the world's troubles, ask yourself what you can do, right now, to be the light.
- There are things that are beyond your control -- the weather, the traffic, the world (or even country) challenges. But you can have some influence on each person you come into contact with, even if you never speak or know each other's name.
- No matter who you are or what situation you may find yourself in, you can illuminate your world -- the only way the world can be illuminated is by one bright act of grace at a time.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.