Learn, Share, Grow – Are You Doing Your Work?
Below is a lesson from Seth Godin’s blog on doing your job vs doing your work, as well as our key learning.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
But are you doing your work?
By Seth Godin
Here’s a hint: your work might not be what you think it is.
A doctor might think her job is to cure diseases.
But in fact, that’s not what gets and keeps patients. The cure is a goal, and it’s important, but it’s not sufficient.
The technical tasks are important, but the work involves more than that.
Continue reading here.
- Your work might not be what you think it is.
- The technical tasks are important, but the work involves more than that.
- There’s more to the work than what’s in the typical job description.
- Doing your job is not always the same as doing the work.
- The “soft stuff” might matter more than you think.
- Doing the work is the ticket you buy for the privilege of doing the other part.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.