Learn, Share, Grow - Find the Stillness to Restore Us
June 20, 2022
Below is a lesson from Daily Stoic on finding the calm that comes from stillness to restore and reboot us, as well as our key learnings.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
You Must Find The Stillness
From the time the alarm goes off, it can feel like we get hit, suddenly, with a crossfire hurricane. Our house is chaos. Our schedule is grueling. Our boss is screaming our ears off. Our co-worker needs us to show them how to do something for the umpteenth time. We’re running late for a meeting. We’re coming down to the wire on a deadline. We’re not fully prepared to present to this client. We’re supposed to meet that friend for lunch. We’re sitting in traffic one car away from the guy who won’t lay off the horn. Finally, you’ve made it to the end of the day. But even the cool, quiet dark is pierced by the shriek of someone who has jammed their toe on the foot of their bed…and the shriek is coming from your mouth after stubbing your toe on the way back from brushing your teeth.
There is barely a thread holding it all together. There is never enough sleep. There is never enough time. Yet, to be good at our jobs, to be good at this living thing, we need to find the time so that we might find stillness. Find time to reflect, to focus. We need the calm that comes from stillness to restore and reboot us.
Continue Reading Here.
- From the minute we wake up, there is chaos in our lives -- our schedule is full and there is never enough time in the day. There seems to be barely a thread holding it all together.
- To be good at our jobs and in life, we need to find the time to find stillness -- a time to reflect and focus, to bring the calm that comes from stillness to restore and reboot us.
- Stillness won't be on vacation or fleeing out of town. We must find stillness within the chaos.
- We must find it early in the morning before the household and the world are awake -- or at night after the kids are in bed. We must find it in a journal while taking an Uber ride, or on the walk to the office from the furthest parking spot. We can even find it while waiting in the line at the grocery store -- what key lessons were in what we read or experienced previously.
- We must find stillness everyday -- within ourselves.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.