Learn, Share, Grow - The Meaning of Hero
January 3, 2022
Below is a lesson from Brian Johnson's Optimize on the meaning of Hero and their secret power, as well as our key learnings.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
Do you happen to know what the word hero means?
And, here's the answer in line…
Hero is an ancient Greek word.
Etymologically, it doesn’t mean “killer of bad guys” or “tough guy” or anything like that it. It means “protector."
A hero has strength for two.
And, very importantly, a hero is willing to do the hard work to have that strength for two.
Do you know what the secret weapon of the ancient hero was?
It’s LOVE that fuels our commitment to DO that hard work to HAVE that strength for two. It’s LOVE that gives us the Courage to be willing to act in the presence of fear. It’s LOVE that gives us the Self-Mastery to do what needs to get done whether we feel like it or not.
And… If you haven’t noticed, our world needs Heroes today more than ever before.
We’re not just recovering from the effects of a global pandemic with COVID-19. We have global pandemics of depression and anxiety. Of chronic diseases like cancer and diabetes. We have global pandemics of political polarization and social injustice.
And, you know what? The ONLY possible way we’re going to rise up and conquer these challenges is if WE all rise up and show up as the best, most heroic versions of ourselves.
Again: Our world needs Heroes TODAY more than ever before.
To put it directly: We need YOU to be a HERO.
To put it even more directly: YOU ARE A HERO. We just need you to show up and act like it.
That’s why we created the Heroic training platform.
It’s time to move from Theory to Practice to Mastery and BE the best, most Heroic version of yourself.
Learn more here.
- Hero is an Ancient Greek word that means “protector”.
- A hero has the strength for two and is willing to do the hard work to have the strength for two.
- The ancient hero’s secret weapon was love. It’s love that fuels our commitment to do the hard work to have the strength for two. It’s love that gives us courage to act in the presence of fear. It’s love that gives us the self mastery to complete what needs to be done whether we feel like it or not.
- The only way we can conquer the challenges our world faces is if we all rise up and show up at our best, most heroic version of ourselves.
- YOU are a hero. And we need you.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.