Learn, Share, Grow – The Most Selfish Word is “I”
Below is a lesson from Gaur Gopal Das on the most selfish word, as well as our key learning.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
- Everything revolves around “I”
- “I” Stands for expectations – “I should be treated like…” “I should be loved like…” “I should be respected like…” – Super high expectations. “My opinions, my desires, my likes/dislikes, I love this…
- We only learn to take – everyone has to fulfill my expectations.
- John F. Kennedy: “Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country.”
- The more we lead a life of “I”, our “I” will always be frustrated – people don’t exist just to fulfill your expectations.
- Be realistic in your expectations – not everyone will meet them.
- Avoid “I” by serving others.
- When you want to be served, you’re dependent on people. They may not want to serve you.
- When you serve, who can stop you?
- When you want respect, or love, people may not respect or love you.
- When you give respect or love, who can stop you?
- Learn to begin your journey from “I” to “You” – the more you want for yourself, you will be frustrated. The more you want to give, you will remain happy.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.