Learn, Share, Grow – Thinking Bigger
Below is a lesson from Seth Godin on thinking bigger, as well as our key learning.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
By Seth Godin
“How do you like the draft of the new brochure?” asks the boss.
There are several responses available to you, in order of wonderfulness:
- It’s great.
- There’s a typo here on page 2.
- What if we changed the size of the headline?
- Are you open to considering different typefaces and colors?
- Where are you going to distribute this?
- Why use a brochure? Couldn’t we spend the same money more effectively?
- Where are you on this scale?
You could hire a brilliant graphic designer to take your bullet-filled powerpoint and fix the fonts and clean it up. But would it change the game?
When in doubt, challenge the strategy, not the tactics.
Continue reading here.
- When in doubt, challenge the strategy, not the tactics.
- None of us are doing enough to challenge the assignment
- Wonder, “is this big enough?”
- That’s when marketing pays for itself. Not when we find a typo or redesign a logo, but when we reconsider the question and turn the answer into something bigger than we ever expected.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.