Learn, Share, Grow - What It Takes to Improve Performance
August 1, 2022
Below is a lesson from Alan Stein, Jr. on what it takes to improve performance, as well as our key learnings.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
A Lesson from Kobe
- As a high performer and high achiever, there isn't really a legitimate excuse in the world on why you can't be somewhere at 4 in the morning.
- High performers and high achievers begin preparing and "warming up" well before they need to perform -- before their "scheduled time".
- Everything a high performer/achiever does is with unparalleled level of intensity and with surgical precision.
- Never get bored with the basics! Just because something is basic, that doesn't mean that it's easy. We live in a world that tells us it's OK to skip steps, that pushes us to chase what's "hot, flashy, sexy" and ignore the basics. But the basics work -- they always have and they always will.
- The very first step to improving your performance in your life -- personally or professionally, individually or organizationally -- is to admit that the basics work and having the humility to acknowledge that implementing them with consistency is never easy.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.