Learn, Share, Grow – What Kind of Team Player Are You?
Below is a lesson from Forbes asking what kind of team player are you, as well as our key learning.
The Blue Courage team is dedicated to continual learning and growth. We have adopted a concept from Simon Sinek’s Start With Why team called “Learn, Share, Grow”. We are constantly finding great articles, videos, and readings that have so much learning. As we learn new and great things, this new knowledge should be shared for everyone to then grow from.
Team Chemistry Declines When You Go “Palms Up” Like Boston’s Kyrie Irving
By Don Yaeger
Sunday afternoon I found myself at a restaurant with my wife. Not a fancy restaurant, mind you, but the kind of place that has sports playing on large televisions. On the TV nearest our table was the Boston Celtics versus the Houston Rockets. Perfect Sunday afternoon NBA action.
Because the place was crowded, the volume was muted on the TV. As a result, I wasn’t able to hear the broadcasters analyze the game, but it didn’t matter.
What I saw spoke volumes.
Continue reading here.
- Even without words, the body tells the truth
- On any team, you can have multipliers, or you can have dividers
- Dividers are those teammates who, when the going gets tough, turn up their palms as if to say, “Who knows? Not me” or “Not my fault!”
- Multipliers don’t go palms up—they tap their chest as if to say, “That’s on me.”
- “Palms up” teammate—one who points out errors, passes the blame, or demands accountability…but only for others
- “Chest tap” teammate—one who takes responsibility, shares the credit and holds yourself to a higher standard than anyone expects
- Dividers are rarely reflective; they prefer to live under their own delusions. Multipliers, on the other hand, are quick to pause and assess their own role within the dynamic of a team. Their humility, authenticity, and chemistry are contagious.
Do you have resources that you would like to share? Contact us, we’d love to hear from you!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.